This, from our communications guru, Penny Bivens.
Need a checklist for good corporate communications? Line up your campaigns with these 10 fundamentals and you can’t go wrong:
- Strategic – get the desired employee behavior that aligns to business objectives.
- Referenceable – accessible when employee needs the information, reduces word-of-mouth inefficiencies and rumors from incorrect information.
- Standardized – increased readership from trusted sources.
- Targeted – to specific audiences reduces volume to all.
- Predictable – so employees know where to look for what types of information.
- Consistent quality – increase readership, understanding and retention of messages.
- Timely – delivered soon enough in advance to plan for but not so soon the information is not relevant or complete.
- Concise – shows respect for readers time; increases readership overtime.
- Includes feedback loop – answer questions/gather employee input (to update content and increase value overtime.)
- Sustained – so old information does not confuse, clutter, and distract